So I went to dinner last night with three and a half guys from the UK last night. The half being someone who works in the company's Chicago office but was originally from Manchester. His name is Paul and as of last Monday, he is officially a US citizen...so congrats to him.
Anyway, dinner with the Englishmen... There was one major thing I picked up after spending a few hours with these guys outside of work and that's that they are way more fun than most people you will ever hang out with. They have a better sense of humor, better stories, higher tolerance of alcohol, and have seen a lot more of the world. I think the difference is that they live a different lifestyle over there that promotes "living life" (pardon the cheesy phrase, I just couldn't think of a better way to put it) rather than taking everything so damn serious all the time. Alright, that's as deep as I want to get. I hate people who write deep and preachy blogs.
That adventure got me back home to the suburbs around 9:40 PM. I sat down for five minutes, then packed up my hockey bag, walked my dog, and then drove to the rink for a 10:50 game. We won 10-4 and then I got home around 12:45 AM. I grabbed a shower, went to bed, woke up at 6:30 AM, left home around 7:00 AM and here we are. All in a two-day's work.

No comments:
Post a Comment