
Last night was quite the evening. The San Jose Sharks went 4 overtimes with the Dallas Stars but eventually fell after the Brendan Morrow game winner. I stayed up until about 1:45 AM to see the conclusion and unfortunately it did not go my way.
Many times throughout the game I thought that it would be best for me to just go to bed but I couldn't stand not knowing what was happening. Also, there is a possibility that this could have been Jeremy Roenick's final game in the NHL and I was fortunate enough to be able to watch the game on TV. In any case, I thank Jeremy Roenick for inspiring me to play hockey as a kid and keep me watching and caring all these years. He looked like one of the top players on the ice last night and saved the Sharks' season in the first round of the playoffs. I think Roenick clearly proved he can still conribute in a large way and deserves to come back next season. Hopefully the Wilsons out in San Jose see the same. As much as I'd to be able to see him in Chicago again, I'd rather see Roenick stay with San Jose and win the cup next year. It's a great fit for him and the organization.
To wrap it up, I hope Detroit kicks the living piss out of Dallas next round...
(I apologize for any writing errors. Due to staying up to watch the game, my brain hasn't exactly turned on yet.)

No comments:
Post a Comment